Monday 27 December 2010

WWOOF around the world - Part 3


I was given a lift into Nimbin the following day where a tourist shuttle ran regularly between the town and Byron Bay. I had time to visit the Nimbin Marijuana museum before getting on the small coach and heading 'back to civilisation.' Byron Bay was never a strong attraction to me regardless of the massive surfer appeal. But once on that bus, I had a familiar safe feeling come over me. It was all that time on a bus coming over to Oz, I thought. Fun times.

Anyway, I checked myself into a Flash-packer hostel as soon as I arrived and had about a 40min shower trying to scrub myself free of tics. I spent a week in the town trying to partly be a tourist and partly figure out what the hell I was gonna do with myself now. I rang other WWOOF hosts but it seemed wrong timing for most of them as I wanted something quite immediate. I rang my Sydneyside friends who suggested I come back to what I knew. I didn't want to go back just for the sake of it but I had to do something. So I returned to the city I said goodbye to just a week previous. I managed to organise a week WWOOFing at a Yoga retreat just before my birthday.

There were many people at this residence, and lots to do in an amazingly organised organic garden. But the Yoga was a religion and those that stayed long term really threw themselves into practicing it which I wasn't about to do so again, I returned to Sydney to spend birthday with family. Had a great birthday until I got a winter cold and spent about 2 weeks with family, half convalescing, half again, figuring out a plan.

No comments: