Wednesday 30 September 2009

Congratulations to Thea and Punky for the arrival of Ophelia Rose Gibbs - super pleased for all three of you, love from honoured Godmother.

So Iran may have taken away my access to Facebook, Twitter and now it seems even emailing home is an issue due to Hotmail being down but they haven't figured out that my blogs are on direct feeds! Haha in your face authorities.

So this is to say how pleased I am at the long awaited arival of my oldest and bestest friend/sister's daughter Ophelia Rose, who I have the immense pleasure of being Godmother to. Unfortunately I am traveling to Oz whilst she was expected but that will not stop my commitment to seeing the little one when I can.

This is not a featured update of my travels but a way to communicate to the outside world in this strange media shy land of Iran where they are also shy of women so have to cover them up. Tomorrow I am off to Pakistan via a flight, for political reasons. There I will be free from a headscarve but locked up in a hotel at night due to bombings. Hmmmmmmm. I will also be married and Irish from now on. I'm thinking this is pretty much the only time I'm gonna be wearing a ring on that finger (Post post Feminism) but luckily I'm pretty good at accents. Not that that matters as we have been informed that the only way Pakistanis and Indians understand English is if you talk in an Indian accent?! It's not wrong - it's how they've learned English apparently.

A big happy congratulations again to the Partridge and Gibbs household. I will be seeing you all at the Christening, lotsa love x x x

No comments: