Sunday 18 January 2009

So far away - still, remembering Vicky J

Last week I found out a friend of mine from Sixth Form had been killed whilst crossing a London road at a pedestrian crossing. She was hit by a car. Shortly after being admitted to hospital she was pronounced dead. Today her friends and family are gathering in her home of Stradbroke, Sufolk to remember what a bright, bubbly and incredibly talented young woman she was. The following is my contribute to her Celebration of Life.



You're not gone.
You're only hiding.
You must be.
You're my friend I'm having trouble finding.

You're still that bubbly thing.
I remember your awsome make-up tips.
You've still got great plans for the world.
How else can I explain this?

It must be that you're hiding.
Remember we sat together at Leavers Dinner?
I think there were 9 other tables.
Ours was the one reserved for winners.

I should ring you up today.
No, you're not answering.
It still feels like you're hiding.
To come to terms with that; I have to, is what I'm figuring.

And I don't know why the world still spins.
Because If I feel like crying.
I know you'd say something witty -
to cheer me up. See you're only hiding.

I'm grateful that I met you.
I'm not grateful that you're gone.
If you weren't hiding - think what the world would have seen,
How you could have helped, the things you could have done.

But I can't sit and wonder now.
If I do, reality will start sliding.
I'll chuckle at your cheeky ways.
Because it's as if as though you're hiding.

Of course you're in a hidden place.
I'm carrying pieces of you with me.
You're still a friend, sister, daughter.
I knew you as Ve.


Stuck in Madrid when all I want to be is somewhere else. For all those that loved her, to try and understand this is life and what has happened.

No comments: