Monday 11 August 2008

What's the plan Stan?

Feel I need to re-establish myself with the long term goals. Plus peeps keep asking me what I'm up to and my answer is annoyingly vague.

Aim: Around the World without flying.
Reason: Environmental (air pollution yes but I feel cars do as much damage in that area), financial (I don't believe air travel is as necarsary as the governemnt push for expansion on all areas of the industry regardless the obvious low cost and speed. I can not imagine how we have come to access trans continental travel in 2 hours and £40), personal (to me flying isn't part of the journey - it's a metal time machine taking me out of one time-zone and dropping me into another causing my body to re-adjust un-naturally and my mind tired from no connection of the previous place to the present).

Route: Spain (1yr approx to become fluent in Spanish)
Africa (Overland with a company including Morocco ending in Cape Town)
Australia (Must reach Perth by Sea from somewhere in Africa. Preferably Cape Town but I have yet to find a freighter that is on that route, approx 1yr in Australia inc a stint in New Zealand to see in the new yr from the furthest easterly Island in the world)
North America (Starting out in LA, experiencing Hawaii, doing Route 66 to Chicago, NY and the surounding area).
Ending trip with a sea crossing to Ireland/England depending on funds.

Deadline: Return to England for the 2012 Olympics.

Well that's the plan for now. Who knows what will pan out.

1 comment:

Brian & Troy said...

Well Kika, having met you in Spain and getting to know you - I have a feeling you will accomplish this mission of yours without fail. There may be some setbacks, but alas that is part of the journey. What is meant to be will be. I have a friend that is originally from South Africa, and have family and friends in the LA area. So if you need anything in the future you just call your friends Brian and Troy up...We are here to assist you in your travels in any ways possible. Hoping that possibly our paths will cross again soon - B&T